Advanced Snowshoe near Snoqualmie Pass
March 19, $5 + gas money*
~10 Miles, 3700' elevation (depending on route)
Love winter hiking/snowshoeing and ready to (plunge)step up your game? 😉 Join us for a beautiful, if challenging, trek to the summit of West Granite Mountain near Snoqualmie Pass.**
The summit of West Granite Mountain—or Tusk O'Granite as it's known to locals—sits just 63 feet below its more famous lookout-clad cousin and provides relatively safe access to some of the best views that Snoqualmie Pass has to offer! It'll be a challenge for sure, but don't let that scare you off if you've got the skills! As always we'll meet at the Green Lake campus and carpool out together.
We'll be off-trail and on snow for a good portion of this trip, so self-arrest and ice axe skills are a must for this trip.
As usual, we will meet at the Greenlake campus at 6:00AM for those who would like to carpool.
John Wayne Seitzler - email@example.com
Zach Hodgson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Gear: Please reach out if you don't have the gear listed below. We have a gear closet that is free to borrow from!
• Micro-Spikes or Crampons
• Trekking poles
• Ice Axe
• Waterproof/Mountaineering boots (we'll be in it for sure)
• Waterproof jacket and pants (being wet is no fun)
• Backpack with room for your stuff
• Warm layers for stops (cotton not recommended)
• Warm socks (Wool recommended)
• Headlamp or flashlight
• Lunch and snacks
• Water (64oz minimum)
• Sunglasses and sunscreen (no really, you might need it)
• Medical insurance card
• Cash or electronic pay for driver’s fuel and permits
• Gaiters (keeps snow out of your boots)
• Insulated pad to sit on for stops
• Happy Bag! (Dry clothes, snacks, and extra water for the drive home 😉)
*The registration cost of $5 supports leader training, gear closet additions, and more. Depending on your location, please be prepared to chip in for gas.
**Destination is subject to change based on weather, avalanche, and/or road conditions. Whatever happens though, we'll do our best to get you outside! 😁