Faith and Work: Working Through Transitions
Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)
Megan Dobrasz, Pastor of Adult Ministries
Before questions, attempt to give the group a bit of a summary of the main points of the sermon and then choose a few questions that fit your group’s needs and style. We don’t intend for you to use all of these. Three to five questions may be a good number.
Begin by reading Colossians 3:23-24 aloud, taking turns reading the passages.
Pray over the group before beginning discussion.
- The interviews had folks reflecting on how God has shown up in their work lives the past couple of years. How would you answer this question?
- Who have been the people in your life that you’ve been able to process these transitions (or “fires” as was mentioned in the video) with?
- How have you discovered God there this season?
- Gauge how much/often you have been aware to integrate your faith in your realm of work/vocation. (Very aware…Aware…. Not too aware…Very compartmentalized/Hardly at all). What would you hope it would be?
- What does it look like to “show Christ at work?”
- Do you have any stories where this has gone well (or poorly?)
- Read Colossians 3:23-24…How does this passage reflect these conversations?
- How have you found a way to “rest” in this season of work and life?
- Thinking about this coming season, what are rituals and habits that you might hope to try to sustain more health in the midst of faithful work?
- How can people around support, encourage, and pray for you?