Why School-Church Partnerships?
- To be a good neighbor, showing the love of Christ
- Build a stronger Green Lake community and neighborhood
- Support education as a pathway towards bright futures and out of poverty
- To build relationships with people of different backgrounds and be advocates for justice and equality
- To join the team or for more information, email Pastor Phil Maulding
School-Church Partnership with Daniel Bagley Elementary
Bethany Community Church has had a growing relationship with Daniel Bagley Elementary since 1969. Over the years, Bethany has helped with and supported: Bagley workdays, PTA fundraisers, levies, the annual holiday giving circle, school supply drives, and teacher initiatives. In turn, Bagley has opened its facilities and grounds for cooking, activities, and classroom space. In 2008, we partnered together for a new parking lot at Bagley, in a mutually beneficial scenario. Bethany funded the new 80 space, eco-friendly parking lot providing a place for teachers to park, improved safety conditions during school pick-up and drop off and Bethany gained Sunday parking. In the Fall of 2016, we took another step forward by formalizing our “School-Church Partnership” to transform our Green Lake community. Going forward, our goal is to meet practical needs of students, their families, and staff at Daniel Bagley that utilize our congregation’s abilities and are an example of our love for Jesus and our neighbors.
Holly Park & BCC School-Church Partnership with Martin Luther King Jr Elementary
Bethany Community Church has a growing relationship with Holly Park Community Church under the leadership of Pastor Otis Brown. BCC is coming alongside the Holly Park Community Church congregation to support their efforts in a school-church partnership with MLK, Jr. Elementary in the Rainier Valley. To join the team or for more information, email Pastor Otis Brown.
For more information about our school partnerships, view our School-Church Partnership Presentation.
- Mentor a Bagley student and receive Youthwise training!
- Serve as a Bagley Booster, bringing hospitality and encouragement to Bagley staff with cards & refreshments once a month.
- Adopt a Bagley Class by supporting a specific teacher and their classroom once a month throughout the school year. Assist with classroom support, school supplies, crafts, field trips, and more!
For questions, contact Brooklin.
Through our community meal, we seek to create space where connection can happen between the church and our surrounding neighbors while meeting a practical need. Come, enjoy a meal, make a new friend, and just sit with our guests sharing God's love. Families are welcome!
Meals are the second and last Mondays of each month, 6–7pm, in the CLC building.
This ministry has four teams who work together to create each meal:
Meal Prep Team
The meal prep team coordinates and prepares creative and nutritious meals, often taking requests from our guests. The meal usually runs from 6-7 pm, and prep starts at 4 pm.
Build community at the meal by sharing a meal with our guests and providing a loving and listening presence.
The serving team keeps cares our neighbors by greeting our guests and serving them food. Members of this team answer questions and act as hosts and minglers once the food is served.
The serving team helps keep our space clean by washing dishes, taking down decorations, wiping tables, and cleaning the kitchen. Generally, cleanup finishes around 8pm.
To learn more, email us, or sign up to serve. Serve