5 PRACTICES FOR HOUSE CHURCHES
1. Worship in our homes. We want to remember the joy of worshiping together as the body of Christ.
- ”They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:42
- “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-26
- House Church Liturgies
- Tools for Leading Zoom
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
2. Do life together. There are 100 “one another” commands in the New Testament where followers of Christ are called to Christ-likeness together. This is where we experience that love.
3. Discern and exercise spiritual gifts. No single person is more valuable than another in the body of Christ. All are given gifts of the Spirit for the edification of the body.
- “Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.” 1 Corinthians 12:7
- Resources Coming Soon
SERVE THE WORLD
4. Serve our communities. As individuals and as a group, we are called to serve our neighbors.
- “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’” Matthew 25:40
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31
- (Resources: Coming Soon. low-entry service ideas for groups)
5. Invite and multiply. We are not just called to be disciples, but to be disciple makers, bringing others in and being sent out to share the love of Jesus.
- ”Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:19-20
- (Resources: Coming soon. how to invite others in, how to make someone new feel welcome, when and how to plant a new group)