Raising kids in a home and faith community where they can learn about their relationship with God is a calling found in Scripture, and one we don't take lightly.
This is a big responsibility for parents, but you don't have to do it alone. We want to give you opportunities to form relationships with other parents, and Children's and Family Ministries is committed to providing families with resources to help you lay a solid spiritual foundation for your children. One of the ways we do this is Baby Dedication.
Baby Dedication Is:
- An opportunity to support families in their desire to raise their children in a Christ-centered home.
- For the family, it is the opportunity for self-examination, determination and promise as they publicly declare their commitment to raise their child in faith.
- A chance for the whole church community to join the family in celebration and affirmation of their commitment.
Baby Dedication is Not:
- Required to attend or become a member at BCC
- Infant baptism
How does it work?
- Parents/guardians fill out the online child dedication form at the bottom of this page.
- Attend a baby dedication class
- Choose one of the services in which to dedicate your child.
Baby Dedication FAQ’s
Is there an age limit?
For this particular event, we limit the age of participation to birth-36 mos. (By the time a child is four years old, they are often uncomfortable associating themselves with “babies.”) If you have older children and are looking for ways to do something like dedication with them, please feel free to contact one of us on staff.
How does Baby Dedication work?
We do Baby Dedications once a quarter. Once you fill out the online baby dedication registration form, a staff member will contact you to coordinate service details.
Is the Dedication Class mandatory?
Yes, this is mandatory and includes all parents. If you are unable to attend the class during the date/time offered, contact a staff member to see if there are any alternate arrangements available.
What is involved in the Baby Dedication class?
The class is taught by one of our pastors. Childcare is available and you will be placed at a table with other couples. We think you will find the class to be both enjoyable and informative!
What happens the day of?
The actual event itself occurs once a quarter during Sunday services at Green Lake (when you attend your class, you will hear specific details of what to expect.) The dedication itself is intended to be a brief, sacred time where the community witnesses your commitment and pastors pray for you.
Can I invite my friends/extended family?
Absolutely. This is a great way to celebrate and have friends/family affirm your commitment to raise your child in an atmosphere of love and faith.
Email us SIGN UP FOR JULY