1. Think back to some of the things we’ve been learning about our true identity in this series on Ephesians.
2. What has been most impactful for you thus far?
3. Read Ephesians 4:3–6. What word does Paul repeat several times in these verses?
-Why does Paul repeat this word so often? What is he trying to emphasize to his readers?
-What sorts of things threaten the unity of the church?
4. Read 4:7–12 What did Christ give to people?
-What sorts of gifts are we talking about?
-According to this passage, what is the job of apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds/pastors, and teachers?
-What is the task given to the rest of the “saints” (Christians)?
-What gifts do you think you’ve been given?
-How can they contribute to building up the body of Christ?
5. Read 4:11–15 The apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds, and teachers equip the saints for ministry. What does this ministry consist of?
-Toward what end/goal are we to be building the Body of Christ?
-What might it look like for the church to grow into the sort of maturity that Paul talks about?
-In what ways can you grow toward that sort of maturity personally?
-In what ways can you help the church grow toward that sort of maturity?