· What do you enjoy about the advent season?
· What causes you to fear?
· How does fear temper your sense of wonderment about the world around you?
· Read Luke 2:22-35
Simeon lived out his hope for a Messiah through being willing to risk, open to mystery, and willing to embrace companions.
· In what areas of your life have you risked greatly? When have you experienced disappointment as a result of risk?
· When has something happened that you cannot explain? Where do you see mystery in your life?
· How do you live into your hope for Emmanuel in your daily context?
· When have you created an experience of wonderment for those you love?
· What can you do, let go of, or create in order to experience risk, wonderment, and Community this season?