New Parent Q&A
Veritas Student Ministries
1. How long has the pastor of student ministries worked with kids? Nick Steinloski, our Pastor of Student Ministries, has been working with students for over 20 years. He has four daughters of his own; the eldest is now entering his program.
2. What is the mission or purpose of youth ministry at Bethany? Veritas exists to reach students, equip them in their faith, and send them to reach their communities.
3. How do I know I can trust my kids with the youth leaders? Each of our youth leaders have had extensive training, and many have led for years. We also run background checks, require a application with references, and conduct interviews with everyone.
5. How do I stay informed with what's going on? Sign up for Pastor Nick's weekly emails about what to expect at youth group, what your kids will be learning, and how you can talk to them. He also shares information about the leaders who are involved and upcoming events. You can also visit the Veritas website for more info.
6. How do you partner with parents? We don't see ourselves as simply a youth ministry but rather as a family ministry. We desire to see families grow in faith and community, and we hope parents will see this as a tool to help them develop their students in both life and faith.
7. If I had to choose one thing for my kids to fit in their schedule, what do you suggest? Time to spend with God is the most valuable thing often missing from a teen's life. Whether your child is in community learning about Jesus or with family reading the Bible and applying its lessons, making God a priority is paramount.