Real community is the fruit of commitment, service, and accountability, which is why we emphasize membership at Bethany. Been around for a few months (or a few years) and consider Bethany to be your home church? Consider making a long-term commitment by becoming a member. Here’s what it takes:
- Attend a Foundations membership class. This is a one-time, three-hour class held in West Seattle that covers the basics like core values, beliefs, history, and vision of the church. For info and to sign up for the next class, contact Nancy Eckardt.
- Meet with a membership sponsor. After completing the Foundations class, the pastor will match you up with a long-time Bethany member who can show you the ropes and answer your questions.
- Complete the membership application. You’ll be asked to share the story of your spiritual life, as well as a few other details.
- The church Council will approve your application at the recommendation of your membership sponsor and the pastoral staff.
- Attend Membership Sunday, when you’ll publicly agree to the membership covenant.
Questions? Send us an email.