Consumerism is a constant message in our culture, suggesting our identity or value can be found in the things we purchase or own. Spilling Hope 365 is a stand against this destructive, but often subtle, cultural movement.
Spilling Hope asks for a commitment to simplify your life, developing healthy stewardship habits that move us away from greed, consumerism, and materialism, and toward generosity. How can you simplify your life? Here are a few ideas:
- Begin packing your lunches instead of going out to eat.
- Clean out your home and sell or donate items that are no longer needed.
- Create or update your household budget, cutting back on frivolous items.
- Avoid shopping as a hobby. Find other ways to spend your free time.
- Brew your own coffee instead of purchasing by the cup.
Do you have other ideas or stories of how you have simplified? Share them on our Facebook page.